Friday, August 29, 2014

Review of Once More My Darling Rogue


Let me first say that I have always loved Lorraine's books.  They are always 4.5 or 5 star reviews.  That being said I am not really a fan of amnesia stories.  

The heroine Ophelia is not a very likable person who treats Drake is not worth her notice.  Drake on the other hand is handsome and charming and loves to torment Ophelia.  

When he rescues her from the Thames one night she doesn't remember who she is. Drake decides to teach her a lesson and tells her she is a servant in his household. Ophelia feels this isn't right, but since she cannot remember she goes along with it.   She turns out to be a hard worker with a good heart and a genuinely nice person.  

Meanwhile Drake is investigating why her brother has not signed the alarm that she is missing.  He finds out a terrible secret about Ophelia that has shaped the person she was before she lost her memory.  Drake also has something in his past that torments him.

Lorriane's writing brings out the depth of her characters with great emotional awareness. You know what they are feeling and you actually feel it thru her writing.

I was not enjoying the beginning of this book, but I kept reading because I knew that anything Lorriane writes is worth reading. When you get to know Ophelia and Drake you will be glad your read this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment