Saturday, July 18, 2015

ARC Review of Tremaine's True Love by Grace Burrowes









I have been reading Historical Romance for 30 years and believe it or not this is the first book I have read by Grace Burrowes.  Where have I been?  I absolutely adore her writing.  Her style is totally unique in that I felt like I knew the characters intimately, their emotions, their thoughts and even though there are challenges to them and others in the book there is no aggravating hemming and hawing, and only one misunderstanding of emotions and motive, which is the basis for the obstacle in their love story.  Nita and Tremaine are perfect together, they do have a fundamental difference of opinion to overcome in their story, but you know that they will work it out.  They are passionate, stubborn, and realistic.  I was never frustrated with the characters or the story while reading this book. There were great secondary characters that had stories that need to be told and cannot wait to read them.  If I had to compare Grace's writing to someone you might have read before it would be Mary Balogh.  I had the same satisfying feeling reading Grace's book as I have when reading Mary Balogh.

No comments:

Post a Comment