Thursday, July 2, 2015

Review of The Rogue and I by Eva Devon



I do not know if I can do justice in my review for this book, it was that good!!  I started reading it last night and finally had to go to bed because I couldn't keep my eyes open and the words were running together, but I didn't want to.  First thing this morning I woke up, made my tea and picked up my Kindle to finish this book. Never mind all the things I needed to do on my day off, I have my priorities!!!  I finished the book and now I have to find the words to tell you what a wonderful historical romance this book is.  It is one of the best books I have read this year.  The book opens as, Harriet, the heroine is hoping that the man who took her virginity and her heart five years ago doesn't show up at his brothers wedding celebration.  Her cousin whom she lives with since her parents died and is a lovely innocent young is marrying the brother.  Harriet is a strong young lady, intelligent with a good heart who loves her cousin and wants her to be happy.  Garret Hart is not looking forward to the week of celebrations for his younger brother's wedding.  He knows that he will have to be around Harriet and doesn't know if he can do it without being insulting and rude.  He has never forgiven her for breaking his heart and running out on him 5 years ago.  Harry's  (her nickname) version of what happened is different and she blalmes him for breaking her heart.  Now when they are in the same room together or they can do is argue, fight and insult each other.

Harry and Garret still love each other but neither will admit their feelings.  There are life changing events that happen to both of them and to other characters in the story.  The plot has secondary stories that help and hinder their journey to discovering their happy ending.  There are misunderstandings, mistaken identies, trust issues and meddlesome relatives.  I loved the way Eva gave you glimpses into the past and how Harry and Garret met and fell in love, and it helps you understand why they feel the way they do. Besides the main characters the secondary characters are amazing and their stories help make this book a great read.  I cannot wait to read the rest of the books in this series. Harry's cousin and Garret's brothers deserve their own stories.  Do not miss this book!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment