Friday, January 6, 2017

Review of Only Beloved by Mary Balogh



To say that this book was one of the best I have ever read is not an exaggeration. This is the last book in the Series "Survivor's Club" and was my favorite of the Series, which is saying something, since I love Mary's writing.  I started it yesterday and I am so profoundly happy for George, Duke of Stanbrook who finally has received his HAE.  Through the Series he has been the rock that has held The Survivor's together.  Helping each one of them recover and find happiness.

Who would have thought that spinster Dora Debbins would become a Duchess and find her soul mate.  Only Mary Balogh can write a story that has you feeling the sadness, despair, elation and love that George and Dora experience.  I find that reading Mary's books are exciting, intriguing but most of all her writing makes me feel relaxed and satisfied throughout the story.  There is also adventure and hair raising peril.  Though in my opinion, the love that shines from her characters is the reason I will always read whatever she writes.

1 comment: