Sunday, April 9, 2017

BOOK TAG FOR BLOGGERS

    BOOK TAG by Jaci Tobin


Fellow blogger Carol Cork  from rakesandrascals.wordpress.com has challenged me to this Book Tag post:
RULES:
You must be honest.
You must answer all the questions.
You must tag at least 4 people.
Here goes!!
1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?
Courtney Milan by Her Every Wish
I didn’t realize it until I accepted this challenge.  I love her books and have all of them!!
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
A Perfect Gentleman by Candace Camp
My One True Highlander by Suzanne Enoch

Lord of Chance by Erica Ridley
3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
A Pirate’s life for me by Christina Dodd.  I just didn’t like the characters and never finished it.  I don’t think I would use the word hate for any book I have read.
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
The Odyssey...I don’t know why I downloaded it but I don’t think I will ever read it.
5. What book are you saving for retirement?
One of my favorite books of all time, The Windflower by Laura London, I have read this book at least ten times and will read it again and again.
6. Last page: read it first, or wait ’til the end?
I always wait ‘til the end.
7. Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
Interesting Aside
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
Jessica in Lord of Scoundrels...Dain is mine kind of Hero!!  I also loved that
Jessica was a lady who knew what she wanted and then she met Dain.
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)
The Hummingbird by LaVryle Spencer….The first Historical  Romance I kept to read again.
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
Rangoon by Christine Monson (1985)  I found a advanced readers copy on the shelf at a Waldenbook Store and showed it to the sales clerk because I wanted to buy it.  They gave it me.
11.  Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
I have never given one of my favorite books to someone but I always donate to the Public Library when I go through my book shelves.  If I don’t want to read it again I will donate it.
12. Which book has been with you most places?
Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase….Keep it on whatever Kindle I am using.  You never know when you need a pick me up.
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
Robert Frost Poetry
14. Used or brand new?
Doesn’t matter to me.
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
No
16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?
No
17. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks included?
Not that I can recall.
18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
Other Historical Romance Bloggers, especially Carol Cork, Wendy Loveridge and Juanita Decuir and many Historical Romance Writers.
19. Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?

Renee Bernard’s Devil to Pay….I usually do not read Contemporary, Fantasy, Paranormal but I enjoyed this book.
Now I am Tagging:
PJ Ausdenmore  http://www.theromancedish.com/
Theresa S. http://www.themightyquill.com/TMQ
Donna Finlay
Cynthia Young


4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your answers, Jaci. Lord of Scoundrels is among my top all-time favourite books too. It's lovely to know that I am one of those bloggers whose advice is helpful to you. I've also read Renee Bernard's Devil to Pay and, like you, although I don't normally read the genres you mention, I did enjoy this book and the second book, Devil May Care is equally enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, I have also read Devil May Care...Hopefully someday I can to to my Lucinda Brandt books...lol

      Delete
  2. Hi Jaci, I love LORD OF SCOUNDRELS too! It's such a feel good story and it's even better in audio. Thank you so much for mentioning me as someone whose advice you'd take. A lovely compliment. I loved reading your answers and have taken a few names for future reference. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase, I been listening to it for ten days now...I think your list of books is intriguing, saving this post.

    ReplyDelete