Saturday, June 24, 2017

Review of The Day of the Duchess by Sarah Maclean


Book three in the Scandal & Scoundrel Series is a an amazing journey of two people who experienced what few in the world do, a love for the ages.  This is a heart wrenching story of a love that is tested by sorrow, loss and separation.  Seraphina Bevingstoke, Duchess of Haven arrives home in England from self exile to demand a divorce from her husband, Malcolm Marcus Bevingstoke, Duke of Haven. Years earlier they were caught in a compromising position and were forced to marry. 

Sera has made a place for herself and all she wants is to forget the heartache, pain and sorrow that resulted from her marriage.  They are both hiding their feelings and the confusion and pain that they both feel hides the love that has always been present.   Sera also had a miscarriage and is told that she will never be able to have children and she knows that Malcolm needs a heir.  She is convinced that a divorce is the best option for both of them.

Can Malcolm convince Sera that he loves her and only wants to make her happy. He does not want a divorce.  This story has two strong characters whose suffering, pain, loss and newfound understanding of love and trust will make you cry.  I am not ashamed to admit that I cried tears of sadness and happiness.  This is truly a love story that is epic in the telling as only Sarah can do.  I knew when I read "Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake" that she was going to be one of my keeper authors.  I have read everything she has written since and have loved everyone of her books.  I recommend this book highly.  A perfect love story.

1 comment:

  1. Jaci, I have this on pre-order list and it should download tomorrow (27th June). It will be high on my list to read as I love second chance stories.

    ReplyDelete